|First image when googling "flowers"|
Below is a quick step-by-step approach to save some money (approximately 36%) on Valentine's Day flowers, in this case from 1800Flowers.com.
- American Express: This will only work if you have an AmEx, but log into your account and check your "Offers for You". You should find a $15 off $50 offer for a purchase from 1800Flowers. Save the offer to your card.
- Plink: Make sure the 1800Flowers offer is loaded in your plink account and you'll get 600 plink points for a $50 purchase. 500 points gets you a $5 gift card to merchants like Amazon. If you have an AmEx and followed Step 1, make sure your AmEx is linked with your Plink account since you'll be paying for your flowers with that card. If you don't have a plink account, follow this link and you'll get 300 points when you sign up.
- Mr Rebates: Go to MrRebates.com and search for 1800flowers. You'll see that the site is offering 15% back on your purchase (not including delivery fees), which is the highest rate of the cash back portals. Follow the link to 1800flowers and choose your flowers.
- Online Coupon: Before checking out, add the coupon code REBFIVE to take 5% off the cost of the flowers. This coupon code should stack with the Mr Rebates cash back.
- Pay: Be sure to check out with your AmEx with the saved $15 off offer and/or linked plink credit card.
To wrap it up, here's the math. Let's say you buy a $60 arrangement with a $20 delivery fee and no tax.
- Take 5% ($3) off the $60 cost of arrangement and you're down to $77 with the $20 delivery.
- Mr. Rebates will return you 15% of the $57 ($8.55) for the arrangement. Now you're down to $66.45.
- AmEx gives you a statement credit of $15 for your purchase with your AmEx card, dropping the cost to $51.45.
Bottom line: You decreased the original cost of $80 to $51.45, a 36% savings! Plus you scored enough plink points to redeem for a $5 Amazon gift card. And, of course, you made your significant other a happy lady/gentleman!